Saturday, August 27, 2022

A new old concept?

I am adding a new feature on the side bar that links over to the "legacy" blog... which of course is an uncensored unmonitored blog where Roger goes to post. I have offered to the Reverend that he could become an author over there as well and anyone who wants to go over and have an unmonitored debate could do so.  Perhaps given some "ownership" of the forum, there might be more "restraint" on their part.

I have also offered the legacy blog as a "page" at the top of the page. This can be accessed from the Mobile app as well. By dropping down where you see "home" under the Title and choosing legacy blog. I added the same page tab for the Legacy blog for ease of going back and forth. 

I am open to entertaining the idea of having one or two other authors over there to make it a group blog as it once was.

I also found something else that I had been working with at one time.  I could be open to managing multiple blogs from one page if one blog becomes too crowded. But I do find that the more options you have the less overall interest is generated. 

https://coldheartedtruthleft.blogspot.com/

This would conceivably give everyone two places to go to make comments and possibly debate. An open forum where the comments are in real time with no comment moderation.  The spam filter would still be in play and likely not monitored much if at all.  

On the flip side, if you are just looking to add your two cents on a subject and are okay with the moderation of the thread, then you can comment here. I suspect that some might be doing both. But it could solve the issues for those who still want real time debate but also want to see how others are reacting to one of my posts without having to filter through 15 cut and pastes in a row. 


8 comments:

james said...

Just now saw this:
'Seen enough': Experts predict Donald Trump 'will be indicted' after release of 'pulverizing' affidavit

Coldheartedtruth Teller said...

Thanks 👍

Myballsinthewoodsagain said...

Most of that affidavit was redacted. We still don't know what is in it. You're protecting.

Honest, decent, truthful Rev. said...

Sorry, I left that last comment in the wrong place.

I suppose the idea of another place where anyone could comment without being moderated would be good, but I must question how much interest would remain in the one still being moderated.

Anonymous said...

KD.

The melt down by DC and NY Mayor's on Illegal immigrants being bussed in is too funny.

Now that the problem is on thier doorstep they want more money and want National Guard Troops.

Honest, decent, truthful Rev. said...

I guess the advantage of having an unmoderated area to comment is this:

If I ever felt unfairly censored on the moderated blog, I could put what I said on the unmoderated one.

C.H. Truth said...

Well Reverend...

Two former DOJ Prosecutors yesterday suggested that the manner in which this is being handled suggests that the DOJ is not planning on charging him.

They "explain" their opinions in the same basic way. A warrant for a search is done at the same time as a warrant for an arrest. Otherwise the warrant for the search alerts the person that they are planning on arresting and makes things more difficult. Also if the arrest and search is done at the same time the affidavit can be turned over to the defendant and there would be no need for the "secrecy".


In other words... neither of these prosecutors can think of a single reason why (if they were planning on charging him) that they did NOT simultaneously charge him at the time they executed the search.

The fact that they already took 150 or so documents months ago... and didn't charge him for having those would make charging him for the 150 documents they took "this" time seem odd.



In other words... they already knew he took documents "marked" classified. They knew that he claims that they are unclassified. They had 150 documents in their possession and the warrant was to "recover" the other 150 documents.


If simply having those documents was illegal... why didn't they charge him months ago when they came to Mar-a-Lago and took those other 150 documents?

C.H. Truth said...

I suppose the idea of another place where anyone could comment without being moderated would be good, but I must question how much interest would remain in the one still being moderated.

Reverend... I think you fail to realize that some people come to read the posts and not just read the comment threads. This blog still gets linked occasionally and I often tweet my posts (and see people coming here from Twitter).

For those people I would much rather have them open a link to a post (which is different from the link to the main page in the sense that it just shows the one post and follows with all the comments) and not have to see the nonsense that comes with our comment sections. Better to read a post and then a few comments from people that are relevant. They might even decide to drop a comment or two themselves (without bothering to come back to argue).

I sometimes comment on other tweets or other blog posts and am not expecting to come back and argue with anyone. Just providing my thoughts and moving on.


As far as the interest... I suspect that people will still read my blog and still comment even "if" they decided to go over to the legacy blog. But they are not going to engage in 24-7 Trump bashing and 100 Trump bashing cut and pastes.. just because their comments are not being moderated.