Friday, November 25, 2022

My personal experience with Twitter

In 2019 I was seeing a half million impressions a month and adding followers


Leading into the election year I lost about 90% of my
 impressions even while I added more followers


Right before the election I was now being "shadow-banned" 
(another 90% drop in impressions) and they were purging conservatives
 for things like talking about the Hunter laptop and Covid


Once determined that Biden would be taking over the white house, my impressions
 started making a comeback, but I lost 3136 followers in the great twitter purge


How does one go from 500,000 impressions a month to under 7000? Certainly I was not sending out 100 times more tweets in 2019 than I was in 2020? In fact, I was likely tweeting as much (if not more) in the runup to the election. But my tweets were just falling off the face of the earth. I would sometimes look and see that a brand new tweet was only being seen like 6-7 times before it fell completely off the feed and there was no interaction (retweets or anything to keep anything moving). 

I will likely never be as involved with Twitter as I once was (even with new ownership there is a bad taste left in the mouth) and I will likely never see 500,000 impressions in a month again. While I am slowly gaining some followers back, I am at less than half (approximately 5000) than I had been at my peak (over 11,000). That being said, I did get a new follow from the "Vodka Pundit" Steven Green who has always been one of my old favorites of the blogosphere. Maybe I can go for quality over quantity.