Friday, December 2, 2022

Time to take a hiatus...

Between Roger posting my picture and name over and over without permission and with the Reverend now trying to look me up for some reason...  

Perhaps now is a good time to stop the madness. 



I enjoy posting and even commenting (although I comment less frequently). Been doing it for close to two decades now.

But the personal (as in actual personal) attacks are becoming far more frequent and the idea that somehow I am everyone's dad here responsible to keep peace is making this not so much fun. You choose to comment here. You choose to provide your personal information. I do not "own" the blog and have been quite clear that I am not a moderator or publisher. 

What gets put in the comments is not my responsibility. 

But this is just how the world is today, right? Nothing can just be what it is or just be fun anymore. Someone always has to make a big fucking deal out of everything and someone always has to be offended and upset. This is a political blog with open commenting. What the fuck do you expect? 

Meanwhile... 

I still get double digit emails from Roger every week calling me names, telling me "I" need medical help, getting over the top upset over Trump, demanding I click on some link that he feels I need to read. Oh and that is just emails. He tags me every other day on Twitter as well and DMs me frequently as well. I still have not unbanned him from FB - where he used messenger to ping me at all times of the day and night. Really don't give a shit what he says about me, but the constant emails and twitter crap just gets old. 

But in spite of that... I even offered to let him start to comment again if he would simply stop spamming every thread with the same hate about the bad orange man. I want to be inclusive to a degree and thought maybe it would ease up on the personal crap. You see his reaction. Apparently Trump is still in control... of Roger. 

I think the final straw is Roger and Reverend corresponding about my personal information. Unlike Roger and "James" - I do not provide any more personal information than you see and I do not take well to people trying to look into my personal life. It is simply intrusive, rude, and a slew of other things. Again. I am not your fucking dad. 

Either way... I have had it. I will toss out some open mics and Sunday funnies... but my personal engagement is going to be limited. I need a break.